Friday, August 6, 2010

The catch up

Ok so I am not being very diligent in my new blog but I still do not know how to really work this thing so that's my excuse! A lot has happened....my got our puppy and she is now 2 months old and so freakin big! It makes me sad how fast they grow but I am looking forward to getting out of the poop/pee on my carpet stage. She has been so fun and been good company while matts at work since I work a whooping 2 days a week! I am a stay at home mom to the max. But next week I finally start full time until the girl gets back from maternity leave. Is it bad to hope she does not come back? :) Here are some pics of our growing puppy!



I took some funny videos of her so I will figure out how to put them up later! Some have told me that a puppy is harder than a baby...if that is so then I might have kids...if it reversed....well I don't know what I will do. I have been comparing and contrasting the difference. Here is what I have concluded and learned in my 2 weeks of having Oakley.

-Babies poop/pee can be found in a diaper (maybe sometimes on their clothes). I get to go on a treasure hunt around my house and yard to discover these little surprises.
-Babies wake up during the night...I bet you my puppy wakes up just as much. And she wakes up at 5 am without fail every day.
-Babies can't bite you while giving them a bath
-Babies are usually not forbidden in stores like dogs...so I feel bad leaving pups at home all the time so I dont even go out!
-Babies can't run away from you and if they can they are not that fast.
-Babies won't usually chew on the floor,rug,couch,shoes,cupboards,clothes,door,drapes,and chair in the span of 10 minutes.
Ok so I may be complaining a little but this puppy thing is harder than I thought, but very worth it in the end. I love her.

Other news....Matt got a promotion at work so now he finally has a normal 9-5 job so I get to see him every night! It is so nice to have him home every night. Now I just need to get some new recipes and start cooking more! We have had lots of fun exploring our new home of Spanish Fork, walking Oakley, and getting our place together. We live in what some might call "the ghetto". We have recently learned that we live next door to a man that has been in prison 3 times! yah....needless to say I always lock my door now.
Matt finally got his applications turned in for PA so now we are just crossing our fingers! Well I will not bore anymore! I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!

2 comments: