Friday, July 20, 2012

Motherhood

Man I have not posted in forever! Either because I am taking care of my little turd or attempting to sleep! And sorry there are no pics they are all on matts computer and he took it to school. Porter is getting so big so fast! I'm going to be the first to admit that I do not quite enjoy for the newborn stage. Ya they are cute and small and everything but boy was Porter a HARD newborn. He was super colicky. He was either sleeping or crying. And not the cute baby cry but just screams of pain. I felt so bad for the little man. He just wanted to be held constantly. And he was constipated like no other! Anywho things have gotten SO much better. He is on soy formula and acid reflux medication which I think helps a ton.
My favorite thing in the world is his little smile. He smiles and laughs and actually interacts! This morning matt fed him then woke me up to give him to me cause he had to go to school and I was not thrilled to have to get up so early but right when he handed porter to me I looked down at him and he just smiled behind his binky and I was no longer tired. I love this kid and I can't even remember life without him. Now I am just anxiously awaiting the day when he sleeps through the night. (I have a feeling i will be waiting for a LONG time).
So my baby will be 3 months on the 28th of this month and he is a ginormous 9 lbs 6 oz. (0% for weight haha). This kid is just tiny. The dr has been worried so he did all these tests on Porter and everything so far has come back normal. Porter is not the best eater so maybe that is why he wont gain weight I am just hoping there is nothing wrong with him and hes just a tiny mr. He is still in newborn clothing and diapers. I am looking forward to the day when I dont have to keep buying dang newborn diapers.
Motherhood has been amazing and I feel so blessed to be a mom but man it is hard work. It's like once you have a baby you have this instant connection and understanding with other moms. When I am up in the middle of the night with Porter I just think about all the other moms who are up at the same time and I dont feel so alone! I have so much more respect for moms then I ever have and I have so many wonderful examples to look up to.
So to sum it up here are the top 10 things I have learned as a mom this far:

1. Breastfeeding is so much harder than I thought and it's not for everyone. Do what's best for you.
2. Pampers are way better than huggies
3. It's ok to cry right along with your baby, it makes things easier. o and binkys are the best invention ever!
4. constipated babies are no fun
5. facebook is amazing for asking mom questions
6. i could never be a single mom, my husband is my saving grace
7. pumping sucks
8. cutting baby nails is so scary
9. Baby smiles make everything ok
10. You can function on 3 hrs of sleep

6 comments:

  1. your such a wonderful mommy, and yes it extremely HARD work! I'm pretty sure I tried to warm you, nothing like the movies portray having a baby is like. But it really is all SO worth it, these tiny miracles. So amazing! He will get better and better, just give it time!! love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice summary! I was beginning to wonder if you had disappeared :) I'm glad to hear things are going better. It is hard work but so worth it! I hope he starts gaining some weight for you! He'll start sleeping SO much better once he does! Text me in the middle of the night if you have any questions or just want to talk. Still here for you miles away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post -- I already agree with so many things. Like not feeling as alone in the middle of the night when thinking about other mamas around the world up with their babies. :) And seriously -- could not do it without my husband, either! LIFE-SAVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kelly you have not been posting very much haha im waiting to read all about how mommy hood is treating you!!!

      Delete
  4. YOUr back!! so glad :) A tip for cutting nails just use your mouth. Does that seem grows? That is how I always cut my boys finger nails when they are bathing I just bite them ever so softly off. haha

    You are doing GREAT!! I only breastfed my first babes Max for about a month and now the second one breast fead constantly so its different for everyone and every baby don't make anyone else make you feel differently about it!

    Can't wait to hang out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, I will be the first to agree with you about the newborn stage. Not what I expected. I mean, it's still super special and surreal...but after about two weeks when they decide that they'd rather still be in the womb and start freaking out for reasons unknown to us (and how on earth do you fix THAT) it's kinda rough. Glad my little boy seems to be getting over that.

    ReplyDelete